With new lasers and light-based treatments, rejuvenating your skin has never been safer. At Lux Skin Lasers, we use advanced laser technology to treat wrinkles, reduce age spots, smooth scars, and reduce the evidence of sun-damaged skin. After your laser treatment, the surface of your skin can be “refreshed” revealing the new skin underneath and stimulating growth of new skin cells, collagen and elastin. This new skin may look softer, silkier and smoother for a more youthful appearance. We have created this guide for our lasers that explains which techniques are best for particular skin issues, as well as what can generally be expected during and after treatment.
Innovations Of The Cynosure Icon System
Dr. Lee decided on the Palomar Icon system not only because of the variety of treatments it provides, but also for its innovation. These are the patented systems of the Icon:
- Skintel Melanin Reader – Determines melanin density for accurate laser/IPL settings.
- Advanced Contact Cooling™ – Cooling is maintained at 41 degrees Fahrenheit for skin protection and comfort.
- AccuSpectrum™ – Dual filters minimize epidermal exposure, delivering the energy beyond the surface skin for patient comfort.
- Photo Recycling™ – Maximizes the energy delivered.
- Smooth Pulse™ – Proprietary light delivery system.
- Power- The Icon is the most powerful laser and IPL aesthetic platform.
Photorejuvenation with Intense Pulsed Light (also called “IPL” or Photofacial) involves a series of full face, gentle light-based treatments. This treatment is non-invasive, safe and gentle with little-to-no downtime.
What Concerns Can Be Improved Using IPL?
Using PhotoFacial, we can dramatically improve the look of sun-damaged skin, brown spots, pigmented lesions, superficial facial vessels, and even-out the skin tone with minimal redness and downtime. These treatments are also therapeutic for patients with the persistent redness and flushing of rosacea and other skin conditions.
The result from just one PhotoFacial treatment is more evenly pigmented, healthier and younger-appearing skin.
How Many IPL Treatments Are Needed?
The total number of treatments is somewhat variable, and depends on the nature of the condition. However, most people require three to five treatments for optimal results.
Benefits Of An IPL Treatment
- Age Spots: Pigmented spots and freckles appear over time due to age and sun exposure. IPL treatments can effectively decrease pigment leaving a more even colored complexion. The face, neck, chest, arms, hands, and legs, can all be treated.
- Skin Rejuvenation: Photofacial treatments offer the opportunity to refine your appearance possibly making your skin look and feel more healthy and attractive. The light delivered by IPL will gently heat up the upper layers of your skin. The heat absorbed by the targeted areas can stimulate your skin cells to generate new collagen. This can reduce fine wrinkles and pores and result in smoother, vibrant skin.
- Rosacea/Facial Vessels: The IPL can safely and effectively reduce unsightly facial veins or capillaries and facial redness through a series of photofacial treatments.
- Acne: The Photofacial treatment creates heat at a level strong enough to treat acne bacteria. Photofacial acne treatment does not cause skin or other tissue damage. Since no harm is done to the surrounding tissue, there can be minimal pain and redness after the procedure.
- Leg Veins: We use the Cynosure Icon laser to remove spider veins on the legs. The laser wavelength is set to the color of the purple, red, or blue spider vein. The blood in the vein attracts the laser energy, which converts to heat. That heat damages the walls of the spider vein, constricting and closing it off. The vein is instantly far less noticeable, and it is eventually fully absorbed by the body.
- Laser Hair Removal: With the Cynosure Icon IPL, laser hair reduction can be performed on all skin colors and most hair types, and provides hair reduction. Treatment areas include face, lip, underarms, arms, chest, back, bikini area, and legs. Our laser hair reduction treatments are priced per area and multiple sessions are recommended for optimal results.
Cost Of A PhotoFacial Treatment
Face Rejuvenation: $350 | Package of 4 $1,200
Ageless Hand Treatment: $150
Neck Treatment: $350
Chest Treatment: $350
Fractional Laser Therapy
Fractional Laser Therapy delivers light in an array of high precision microbeams that penetrate the skin and trigger it to repair itself, pushing out old damaged skin and replacing it with healthier, younger looking skin.
What Concerns Can Be Treated With Fractional Laser Therapy?
This laser treats discolored skin, brown spots, fine lines, irregular texture, surgical scars, stretch marks, and acne scars.
Results Of Fractional Laser Therapy
There may be 1-3 days of redness and swelling. Generally, within two to three weeks of the first treatment the skin will look and feel smoother and skin tone will be more even. This continues to improve as the body builds new collagen in response to photofacial or fractional laser treatments. Dark spots, pigmentation issues, fine lines, and overly large pores tend to improve the most with three or more consecutive treatments.
Benefits Of Fractional Laser Treatments
- Wrinkle Reduction – The Cynosure Icon can reduce lines and wrinkles with fractional laser technology. The laser energy creates thousands of microchannels in the treatment areas, penetrating the epidermis down into the dermis (the skin’s second layer). The healthy surrounding skin instantly repairs the microscopic channels adjacent to it, replacing old, sun damaged skin with new, younger, healthier skin. The body perceives the microscopic channels as wounds and responds by producing new collagen and elastin in the area; these are the main components of firm, healthy, younger skin.
- Stretch Marks – Stretch marks also respond well to Icon fractional laser treatment. By triggering the production of new skin and breaking down damaged skin, these treatments dramatically reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- Scars – The Icon system can improve the appearance of scars on all skin pigments. The Skintel Melanin Reader allows us to accurately deliver the precise amount of fractional laser energy to the scar. The fractional treatment breaks down the scar tissue (which is created by overproduction of collagen) and triggers production of new skin cells.
- Skin Resurfacing – Compared to ablative skin resurfacing, which can require extensive recovery periods, the Cynosure Icon system uses fractional laser energy to address a variety of skin problems including age spots, skin tone and texture, sun damage and acne scars.
Cost Of Fraction Laser Therapy
Face Rejuvenation: $450 | Package of 4 $1500
Neck Treatment: $450
Chest Treatment: $450
Three For Me
The variety of treatment options with the Cynosure Icon system also allows us to offer ThreeForMe treatments. By combining the fractionated laser with IPL photorejuvenation, we can address wrinkles, sun damage, scars and facial veins all in one treatment session.
Cost Of A Three For Me Session
Face Rejuvenation: $700 | Package of 4 $2400
Neck Treatment: $700
Chest Treatment: $700
Lutronic Lase MD
Dramatically different from traditional resurfacing lasers, Lutronic ULTRA™ rebuilds glowing, healthy skin through gentle, non-ablative fractionated treatments.
How Does LaseMD Work?
The LaseMD creates microscopic channels in the skin to allow delivery of advanced cosmeceutical compounds to the deepest layers of the skin to trigger repair and rejuvenation. Unique technology ensures nano-sized ingredients, such as vitamin C, retinol, and reservatrol, stay fresh without preservatives.
Benefits Of LaseMD
This treatment is safe for ALL skin types, including people with melasma. Tunable from mild to aggressive and extremely cost-effective, Lutronic ULTRA offers customized outcomes with virtually no downtime for all patients, all year round.
More than just a beauty device, LaseMD is FDA approved to treat actinic keratosis, or AK, which is a precancerous growth on the skin caused by overexposure to UV rays. While most AK’s remain benign, approximately 10% develop into squamous cell carcinoma within two years so it is important to treat them in the early stages.
Results Of LaseMD Treatments
LaseMD is FDA approved to treat actinic keratosis (pre-cancerous sun damage). So not only does Lasemd make your skin look better but promotes healthier skin.
Cost Of LaseMD
Face Rejuvenation: $350 [Package of 4 $1200]
Neck Treatment: $350
Chest Treatment: $350
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
Interested in learning more about our laser treatments? Give us a call at 484-322-5316 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your consultation with one of our estheticians today!